Monday, May 13, 2013

Ueno Revisited, Ayase, and Kevin Visits!

Fudō-myōō 不動明王 (literally "immovable" one.) is one of fierce, angry-faced guardian deities of Vajrayana Buddhism, otherwise known as esoteric Buddhism (mikkyo (密教), and is particularly revered among the Japanese.
He is said to be a powerful deity who protects All the Living by burning away all impediments and defilement, thus aiding them towards enlightenment. He is seen often in in relation to the martial arts and can be found in many books dedicated to Budo and Bujinkan.






Gotta give credit for them origami skills



Sweet & Bitter; reminds me of my ex


Tori gates for daaaaaays

Quality street art in Ueno


I'm in love

Amerika! At long last- I found you!


After an epic Yakitori hunt, we left the search up to Adon's tummy, and were not disappointed

Japanese wiring at its finest


It couldn't get worse than this...

Quite a fine Budokan, I must say



Training in Ayase
Hatsumi became my true hero after I gazed upon the splendor and glory of this sweater




Kevin comes down to Tokyo for an early rehearsal!

 

We shred it up in the main living room..

Meanwhile...

Hijinks ensue

No comments:

Post a Comment